Monday, February 20, 2012

February Stories and Moments

Beautiful House Story
One weekend morning, Kevin put Maylee in bed with me while I was reading so he could go shovel our new snow.  I was trying to finish my book and told Maylee to just lay down and watch the snow fall.  She didn't know it was snowing so she excitedly stood up on our bed, looked out the window and exclaimed, "It's so beautiful at my house!" 
Then she went out to the living room to get a closer look...
 Helping Dad...

 
Eating Snow Story
This is a conversation while riding up the chairlift.  Maylee was holding onto the pole and requesting for me to feed her the snow on her skis. 
Me - "Maylee what would happen if you ate all the snow in Carol's yard?  Then what would you do?"
Maylee - "Eat the snow in my yard."
Me - "What if you eat all the snow in Carol's yard and all the snow in Maylee's yard?"
Maylee - "Um...eat the snow in Ammie's yard.
Me - "What if you eat all the snow in Carol's yard, all the snow in Maylee's yard, and all the snow in Ammie's yard?"
Maylee - "It's going to rain Mom." (stated in a matter-of-fact voice)

Band-Aid
Maylee saw the box of Barbie Band-Aids in the bathroom and was insistent that she had an owie on her forehead.  I could not convince her that she did not have one.  I set her up in front of the mirror to show her that there is no owie.  She found a little, red dot and that massive owie just HAD to have a Band-Aid.
 

Croup
Maylee came down with croup along with a constant high fever for five days.  We did not get much sleep for a week because every night she would wake about every 30 minutes.  After so many days of this, Kev and I decided to reschedule Valentine's Day for us.  This is a picture of her at Carol's house.  She had the energy to dress like a pirate, but you can see in her face that she doesn't feel well.

Play Structure Time
Maylee had some Dada Time in the backyard, while I slept in.  I was up late with her being sick.  The cold air seemed to help her croup.

Emma and Sarah came up to go skiing, but they also spent time playing with Maylee in our backyard.
It was taking the camera longer to take a picture due to low light and coldness.
Maylee didn't understand that I needed her to smile for a really long time. 
She would say "Cheese" quickly and then be ready to play some more....

Teasing Aunt Shelly
We took these two cell phone pictures while we were shopping and sent them to Aunt Shelly.
I decided to add them to the blog because they are great pictures of Maylee's usual happiness.

Shelly likes moose, but also talks about how their apartment does not have room for large items.
We send her this picture claiming, we found her the perfect birthday present...She said she could kick Kevin out and make room for it.
 Aunt Shelly is a HUGE WSU Cougar fan so we put this t-shirt on Maylee and sent it to Shelly with the text, "Do you still love me?"  She replied back to take it off quickly before it burns her skin.

Playtime with Ty
Ty is another good friend from Carol's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.